I know one thing about myself. I am happy when I'm busy. Even if there is one thing that gets me out of bed, change and out the door, I know the rest of the day will go ok. That's why I'm not housewife material. Or at least I don't know how to be a happy productive housewife.
It's a small thing, but these days I'm taking driving lessons. And since I'm a housewife (yes yes I don't deny there is an upside to it too), I have the luxury of taking driving lessons every day, any time of the day. So today was my third lesson. And already I'm on junctions and turnings and I'm doing pretty well, if I do say so myself! :) My instructor is an Indian guy who's really nice and calm (not that I can compare him to any other instructor I've had) and assures me that my progress is quite fast!
So after the lesson, I went over to our neighbours' place, whose baby I really adore even though I don't usually like babies, and then we went to the mall. M&S is my current fav store. Even though I remember I used to tease Fizza that it was a budha (old people's) store, it's really not true. I had that impression because my naana naani had always shopped there. But the store has really kept up with the times. It caters to all kinds of customers, from the budhas who are found lurking in the "Classic" section, to us young cheap people who seem to be all over the place but then settle for the "Outstanding Value" range. They have a huge selection of wider fit shoes which really no other shop does and my feet couldn't be more grateful for it. I bought lovely black patent leather heels for my mom today as she's got even wider feet than I do.
My next stop was my other fav store: H&M from where I finally bought a long cardigan that I've been wanting to buy for a long time. They had black, purple, green, grey and brown. I settled for brown, but now keep wondering if I should've picked up green, a colour I don't really have in my wardrobe. I also bought a long shirt-dress, but will be going back to return it as it's QUITE fitted. I bought it for my Pakistan trip so I really need to either get it two sizes bigger or get something else. Yes, I'm already thinking of outfits for my Pakistan trip and I've started buying presents for my family as well. Although the smart thing to do would be to wait till the sales, but if you find something at a good price then that's almost like sale, isn't it? I love buying presents. Even though Leena has always complained that I don't bring enough. I think one or two nice presents per person are fine. It's the thought that counts anyway right? And of course I have to get them for the in-laws too. So that's loads of presents to keep me busy and happy in the next month and a half! Tis really the season to be merry...and broke! :)
Leaving you girls with this. I absolutely LOVE this video!
4 comments:
I love M&S:) last time I was there they had this gorgeous pair of red leather gloves with an intriguing fan sort of wrist but I couldn't find any except the one on the mannequin. Plus I was excited that they had a food section, which in Riyadh, they don't have. I hear it's quite nice. I love H&M too but the one we have here is quite crappy; I hear the London one is the best although I was a bit perturbed to see the prices are the same as the american ones with a pound sign instead of a dollar sign. but i guess if you earn in pounds you don't mind so much.
Kudos on the driving lessons, I wish I'd kept on with mine because I remember feeling like you do, but my instructor was so creepy I had to stop and then I moved away. Maybe someday I'll join you and the girls in the license club I'm sure you'll get to join soon:)I think there's a difference between the connotations of the word housewife and you. Housewife connotes somebody who doesn't have any other interests except domestic ones, but you have more interests than that. I don't want to say anything bad about housewives because God knows they can be great women and there's nothing wrong with their interests, but I do think some people are just more than that, their personalities just don't quite fit inside that box.
I'm sooooo proud of you.. that's quite a post!! :D Haha sorry it took me so long I had gotten used to no one ever saying anything :P Yay blog!
I've always wanted to go to Primark, and I loooooooove M&S (especially their shortbread). The only time I've ever been, I made a beeline for the jaffa cakes and food section (mourns lack of jaffa cakes in canada), and since I was with 2 guy friends, I couldn't do any shopping without feeling like I was torturing them.
Congrats on the driving lessons, I still keep putting those off, really need to soon!
Ooh yeah M&S Food is absolutely awesome..everything they do tastes sooo good, especially the baked stuff...Maria you're right, the shortbread is yummy! We bought two tins today actually to give to friends whom we'll be visiting over the weekend :)
Driving...Mishi, where was this creepy instructor you had? Canada or the US? Thank God my instructor is good. The best part is one I make a mistake or stall on a main road or something, he doesn't criticize and make me feel nervous, just calmly tells me to restart etc.I really hope I get a license soon. Even though London is well-connected in terms of public transport, there are still times when you really wish you could drive a car, especially in the suburbs (no way in central London, which is a traffic nightmare!). My sister Leena (who's in London for a year for a year for her LLM) keeps planning road trips for when I finally have my license! hehe :)
Post a Comment