Sunday, September 19, 2010

I was upbeat :)

I wonder how many of you dorks fell off the chair in shock :P Yes I know it doesn't happen very often, but today was one of those days which started off alright and ended with me dancing on cloud nine.

This weekend had been a bit of a long haul with so many little things to do that just kept piling up, and me feeling pulled under by all the work on my To-Do list. Naturally, that means that I turn my back on EVERYTHING and procrastinate like no other :P So yesterday I went to the science center to see a bunch of dead people dissected to varying degrees from just plain skinned to dissolved down to their nerves. CRAZY.
In case you are curious to see....
http://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html

It's a strange feeling to stand there and look at someone who used to be alive, propped up and exposed in the most fundamental way. At the same time, all the crap they do to preserve the bodies takes away from the realism and so it just looks like another plastic model. Apparently this exhibit is a big deal because it took us 25 minutes and 4 back and forths to actually get IN to see the darn thing. I suppose it was worth it.

After that we promptly went out for some shopping and lunch (which turned into dinner when we underestimated just how far we had to walk). Ate at a really bad indian restaurant that got Butter chicken wrong. Figured while we're out might as well go grocery shopping as well. Those of you who have lived with me probably remember that I'm a little insane if unsupervised in a grocery store. I came back with about fifty pounds of stuff that I had to lug on the bus and train. After that I was so sore that when I plopped on the bed, I promptly went numb and couldn't move for a good two hours. Heck, I can STILL feel the ache. I wonder if I can get a prescription for "massage therapy" :D

TODAY was creepy and foggy and rainy and so still and silent, even the birds weren't moving. I tried to be good and do some reading, but my brain put its foot down and said "not a chance, smartypants". So I took a nap. For two hours. Woke up in a confused tangle of robe, blankie, cushions, and papers...a smear of highlighter across my cheek. Bleary-eyed and muggy-headed I cursed myself for not having bought some source of caffeine last night when I was debating how many cans of frosting to get (started with three, it was a SPECIAL okay?). Of course in that state of mind I couldn't possibly get any work done, so I decided to put on some upbeat music, and...wait for it...
DO THE DISHES!
I live dangerously ^_^

Then I reaaaally got into and made enough food for the next week as well, and then I ended up googling more recipes and drooling over pictures, and THEN I scavenged for snack-worthy goodies. Then I got into watching really stupid, brain killing, soul scarring videos on youtube. I present, for your traumatizing pleasure:
Actually wait, I just watched that video again and it's wayyyy too PG to put on here. Nevermind :P
Here, watch this instead haha:



Anyhoodle...back to ME. SO I dance around to some silly tunes, crack up over stupid lyrics, cringe and scream over bad videos, and then have me a nice dinner of daal chawal and qeema, followed by this conversation:

itsy says:
ok so at the party
people are talking about their research
and at this one lab where they work with monkeys
they assign the new guy the task
of collecting semen samples
so every time the guy walks into the room with the monkey cages
they go wild with excitement
fatima says:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
POOR SOB
itsy says:
yep
i was laughing so hard
fatima says:
cant breathe
hahahahahahahahahahaha
oh my GOD
he has to wank off the monkeys?!
itsy says:
yep
fatima says:
geez i hope they pay well
itsy says:
he's a research student
like you
so not much
fatima says:
LOOOOOL
itsy says:
anyway
the monkeys LOVE him
I just wanted to know
what do they need monkey semen for
i didnt think to ask till today

--------------

It's been an interesting, note worthy day :D

4 comments:

bunbun said...

Hahahahaha you posted my story!

P.S. THREE CANS OF FROSTING???

Fayez said...

:D!

Miss M said...

awww you were upbeat:) and you have highlighter on your face! *love*

but...when do you study? go study woman!:P

mwwa!

ps i didnt know you were updating this, and here i was wondering where all my updates on your life were! now i know!

Tamreez said...

haha oh god that conversation with maria was so funny and gross! lol

ps. what DO they need monkey semen for? :P