So, as some of you know, I'm a huge fan of the Sartorialist. Earlier this week, he posted a photo he shot of an Australian hijabi (post here), which resulted in a landslide of comments, at least double what any of his other posts have ever received.
I have to compose my thoughts still, but the image remained in my head for a while, and what I found interesting, and very disturbing, was that while I could recall her outfit, her face was a blur to me. I have other memorable pictures in my head, and I can always remember the faces. The fact that I couldn't this time really bothers me.

3 comments:
It really is a beautiful picture :) Good on her! mashallah....
Just checked out the blog and all the comments this photo got. She really is stunning :)
Hmm perhaps you couldn't remember her face because her accessories were making such a statement in contrast to her black jilbab? What I remember most is the mustard bag and the scarf wrapped around it. I didn't even notice her chunky rings (or the red nailpolish) until I read a comment about it.
I love the Sartorialist's fashion photography & I've been a huge fan of his blog for years so I was extremely pleased to see a hijabi get attention for her awesome outfit! I simply loved the bright splash of colour :)
Post a Comment