Thursday, March 11, 2010

I made cupcakes! Again!

A couple weeks ago my mom was having a lunch so she asked me to make red velvet cake. The amount of batter that goes into that is always enough for at least 4 batches of cupcakes (or one cake and two batches)...so I figured "why not take a batch to the new job?". To toot my own horn just a weeee bit, the cupcakes DID come out kinda awesome and were thus accorded an extremely warm welcome. They've become such a favorite that I actually got to SELL my first batch!!!
EXCITEMENT PEOPLE!!!

As it so happened, a work retreat had been planned for last friday and I had offered to make cupcakes then as well, so there I was, with 3 types of cupcakes in a giant tray. They disappeared so fast I only got to grab one, at the risk of life and limb. At that point, I told everyone that next time they would need to dish out the cash cos quite frankly just about half my ingredients had to be lugged back from North America (ya'll remember the bags of white powder at the bottom of my suitcases :P) and so I can't just keep making this stuff for free! haha they actually agreed.

THIS week, one of the temps (who looks like a brown Santa Claus) asked me what kinda cupcakes I was bringing...I reply with I'm not! And he looked SO SADDDD hahah that I felt guilty enough to make a batch again. I did ask a friend to take pictures, so will post that up later.

Yay cupcakes!!!

2 comments:

Tamreez said...

haha...awesome!

Miss M said...

mmm yummmy. what recipe are you using? i made a red velvet pacman cake recently for my friend's bday, it was good but i'm always curious about good red velvets