Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I nearly fell off my chair

Dude, OH my god I am so bored. Recently at work, I got suckered into signing up for a microfinance project where we go into tiny rural communities and ask people about their financial needs. Sounds interesting yeah? Well what they failed to mention was that a) most of the places we go are ones that make news headlines for not-so-great reasons and b) we have to take endless, mind numbing notes and then!!! c) TRANSCRIBE them!

Now it may not seem like such a big deal bit boring perhaps, but when you have about 40 cassettes with shitty recording and people talking inaudibly in punjabi, it makes for one hair tearing task. The cherry on top is that I have to transcribe for a trip I didn't even go on, so I have the added benefit of not knowing what the peep they are talking about without consulting original notes, interview guides, and endless stop-rewind-play. It's SO tedious that I just HAD to bitch about it. The only upside I can see is that I got to spend pretty much most of the day pretending to work while actually I browsed for laptops, apartment hunted, and shopped on amazon. Course i still have to actually DO the work, so all this procrastinating (ahem, such as blogging) will just come back to bite me. I'm also ridiculously cranky because I am fasting and wasn't able to wake up in time for suhoor...AND the losers at work went and ordered KFC. Hmph I show them. Chikkiiiiiin...siigh.

I do have more bitching to do, but that's related to a trip I will be taking soon enough and so I should save it till then.

I leave you with this genius: http://xkcd.com/193/

and this: http://www.cracked.com/article_18494_15-unintentionally-perverted-toys-children.html

3 comments:

bunbun said...

hahahah those links were awesome.

bunbun said...

"I do have more bitching to do, but that's related to a trip I will be taking soon enough and so I should save it till then."

details please!

Tamreez said...

why didn't you just say no to all the transcribing, especially when you didn't even go on the trip? :P