
I crave pale white skin, it's the gloomy weather here, I think. Just picture it though, deep brown hair, pale ivory skin, minimal makeup, and lips. Trench coat layered over figure-hugging 50s bombshell black dress, red pumps, umbrella.
Le swoon...
Lately I've developed an interest in playing with clothes, not just dress-up, but making small alterations or additions to outfits. I was inspired, to a small extent, by a book I bought on the subject, but Anthropologie was a much larger influence.
It's amazing how much doing even a small thing like changing the buttons on a top can completely change its look. I'm now on a hunt for vintage and antique buttons, my plans involve making a chunky button necklace, adding buttons to necklines, even adding tiny rows of buttons to the sleeves/cuffs of regular tops gives them a stylish splash.
Also, I finally bought another violin, maybe this time I'll actually get to play with it! Oh, and I got an Eyore teapot at a garage sale, it's such a conversation piece, now I feel inspired to refinish my kitchen table and sit it proudly in the middle.
Other projects I've started:
- I was an insomniac last weekend, so hopped out of bed and dragged all my cookbooks back with me, ended up going thru 2 of them, one a desserts book, the other a compilation of recipies from Dude Ranches all across North America. Made a list of new recipies I want to try out, got the ingredients for all but 2 of them, because as much as I want to try them, coreing, peeling, and slicing enough apples to make 10 cups is daunting.
- I'm making an earring holder out of a lamp I bought yesterday at a garage sale.
- I found a wooden cube frame, it's hard to explain without a picture, so here is a sample one, mine is made of dark wood, slightly carved. I've decided to weave onto it sides and a bottom, but I'm figuring out how to do that while minimally covering the frame itself, since it's too lovely to hide.
- My old next needs a good sanding so I can get someone to take it out of my house before Mishi gets here; oh, yes, I have to prep for her arrival, so must rush some projects.
- I'm trying to acquire a bunch of vintage and antique frames for a massive wall mural/collage I have in my head.
- I want to re-learn tatting.
- Lastly, since my quest for a giant mug to replace the one from England that I broke has proved fruitless, I need to find some ceramics store where I can make my own.
4 comments:
that is SOOOO exciting dude!!! I can't wait to see the new place with all the cool stuff :D Violinnnnn (L) What do you mean another violin? :P
I had bought one before, had it for an entire day before the fire hit my apartment and it died to smoke/water damage...violin swimming in water = doomed.
I have so much to do with my place still, it looks like a disaster/warehouse :P too many half-started projects cluttering up...don't worry, by the time you get here it should be awesome...even if I have to hide half the stuff in the closet and make creative use of my balcony :P
hey all this sounds so exciting!! updates please!
I wanna see a picture of the eyore teapot....i LOVE eyore...as random as it sounds, I have a eyore hot water bottle cover...so its basically this huge stuffed toy in whose belly the water bottle fits snugly and then I cuddle him on 'those' days of the month when a warm furry friend on my tummy is all I need to make the world a better place! :)
i like this crafty side of you, it's cute:) and those shoes you embellished rock:) what's tatting? you could go to a cafe ceramique and make one, i went to one recently and made a mug, it was so fun.
Post a Comment