Friday, July 24, 2009

wistfulness, procrastination and searching for a fati

Did fati drop off the face of the planet? I think I shall inject her with a transdermal gps tracker when she comes in October. It will of course have the additional functionality of allowing us to tickle her from a remote distance, so she remembers to put in an appearance.

I had a glorious 4 days with Mishi in Montreal, we ignored the weather and made the best of it, then she had to leave. Even though we plotted a perfect itinerary, we ended up mostly winging it, as usual. Twas delightful fun, I love how every time we have one of our reunions, its like we never were separated and just fall right back into our routine. As usual, we came out of one day with matching outfits, I think most friends tend to get miffed when they show up wearing the same thing, we revel in it :P
(Miss you Mishi, hurry back after your Boston fun!)

This summer has been definitely uninspiring fashion-wise, I think I need to move to Milan. Every time I browse the Sartorialist, I envy the effortless-looking style of the random people he photographs, then go home inspired, but wake up the next morning and dress as if I just rolled out of bed (because I am! hehe, this weather makes me miss my alarm clock and I literally run out the house 5-7 mins after waking up...once I got to the corner only to realise my slippers were still on).

4 comments:

Tamreez said...

haha...i second the gps tracker and it sounds like you and mishi had loads of fun!

*sigh* I miss Montreal!

bunbun said...

I miss London!

skunk said...

so we can all post on here? I though this was jsut chui's blog?
imconfused:s

Miss M said...

haha I'm glad I'm back. Montreal<3
haha yes Skeena chui gave us logins so we can all post on it. get with the program and write some bakwaas for us!:) I missed you too Maria:) yaaay we can go back to the itinerary!