Tuesday, August 18, 2009

..back by popular demand!

Oh.My.God. It took me 57 minutes to get this post started. First I got distracted by the cupcake blog, then I was talking to tami about writing this blog, then I was googling distances for our upcoming road trip, then I was googling prices for car rentals, then I was googling something else. Now I am googling again. 0_o

Anyhoo, I really don't have much to contribute to a public page like this, and I am by far too lazy to actually write a separate e-mail unless continuously prodded by the wives.

Okay got distracted again. Bah. NO MORE!

So today, I sat on the steps of AKU, enjoying the cool, breezy, cloudy weather and perving on the itsy bitsy med students scampering about campus. I ordered KFC for lunch, waited nearly an hour and a half for it arrive, ate only half of it because by then I was so hungry that I wasn't hungry anymore, and gossiped with a co-worker :)
In the same vein, work is getting more stressful as time goes by for a number of reasons, and I have sooo much to do that i really need all of your prayers for success. I'm a little worried and a lot nervous, so yeah...inshallah khair.

I also met up with a friend from Berkeley who is half pakistan and half japanese (I know, it's fantastic!). She doesn't speak urdu, and this is her first visit back to the motha-land to see relatives of an obscure and suspicious nature and experience first hand the glory of summer on the subcontinent :P Tomorrow I am going on a blind-date of sorts to meet a girl who another girl I met because someone said I should, said I should meet because she works at AKU as well. Then the day after I am meeting up with another girl who I met through another friend (our Stanford valedictorian). This chick is also a hijabi and a veritable energizer bunny...vastly entertaining, and mildly exhausting. Details to come soon :P Slowly I begin to see the birth of my social network! It's kinda weird because this whole time I whined that I was free and bored, and yet it took weeks to plan this one coffee date (not even dinner!) because either I was busy, or the other party was :P

OOH I made a cake for a friend's birthday....i still need to get a picture to post up...I know I told some of you that if you see no proof please understand that it was a disaster...but it wasn't!! I am very happy to report that it was halfway decent. A verbal description:
Devils food chocolate cake layered with swiss meringue buttercream and raspberry glaze, covered in chocolate ganace, with a ring of roasted walnuts, decorated with little roses and more buttercream vines. (I didn't make the roses, mom stole em from a previous cake and froze them...go mom! :D )

yay :D

1 comment:

Tamreez said...

yay...finalllly!

I want KFC!

Your cake sounds yummy...i wanna see a pic.

Umm I'm actually hungry right now...can you tell?

Co-workers ke saath kya gossip karti ho...mujhe bhi batao! ;)