Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Busy busy busy?

You bints never write or post! Stop being busy adults and msn/email/blog more! Give us people with mundane lives something to vicariously enjoy! Else I'll start writing about mine, and do you really want to read a looooong paragraph about how I'm taking my computer apart this weekend and reassembling it in a new case so that I can lower temperatures for better performance? Teehee.

Oh, I had to share this, it's super funny, and I like how it makes fun of the whole "eco-friendly" clothing trend: http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/08/video_julia_stiless_new_fake_e.html

I keep seeing accessories and shoes labelled "vegan leather" on different online shops, which if you stop and think about it, is stupid as hell. "Vegan leather" is essentially processed plastics, which take far longer to degrade than leather (I haven't researched, but most likely 100x longer), will end up in dumps, landfills, the ocean, bellies of racoons. Creating plastics creates pollution, how is that vegan-friendly? It harms animals and humans, using leather at least is using a byproduct of normal consumerism. Anyway, that's my rant for the day, I think if people really cared, they could wear canvas or hemp shoes instead of paying ridiculous prices for "vegan leather". And now, I will go back to admiring my cute, off-white, spectator open-toed REAL LEATHER heels. :P

p.s. I'll take pics of my awesome new lamp as an earring holder if at least 3 ppl ask :P

4 comments:

Tamreez said...

Thank god someone has posted! I've been checking this blog regularly but to no avail. No fati, pics don't count.

Haha absolutely agree with your rant!

And yes to the pic! So now we want 2 more to say it. Speak up girls!

F. A. said...

YES!!

Tami you suck :P Fine i will come up with something to update.

skunk said...

lol i wish i could post more. im just afraid it will violate the whole privacy thing if i tellyou guy stories:(

but apart from patient stories, i have a veerrrry mundane life too:p

Unknown said...

yes post pics fati!love visuals