Friday, May 8, 2009

..I realized I was a narc-


-oleptic. What? :P


I don't know WHAT is going on with me, but it's like I am running in Power Saver mode and the minute my brain decides something isn't worth its while, damn thing goes into shut down. During that time I can't see anything or hear anything, it's as if I am sleepwalking. Usually lasts about twenty to thirty minutes but oh my god those minutes are torture!! Stupid thing is that in my own delusion I am confident of fooling everyone around me, whereas they are ALL completely aware of my struggle to feign altertness. Of course this has to happen at the most inconvenient times, say for example in the middle of a group meeting, sitting in front of the presenter, and right next to my supervisor :) The other day at work, despite having my ipod blaring in one ear, I nearly fell off my chair because it hit me so hard. No amount of napping, early nights, caffeine, sugar, and blaring rockNroll has helped. There have been days when I've paced the length of the lab endlessly trying to keep myself awake....and yet!
Weirdly enough, it disappears as suddenly as it hits. One minute I am dropping, the next I am fresh as a daisy...and unfortunately for me, that usually coincides with the end of the class/meeting/training :P Gosh what people must think of me!


All those times in college when everyone in class was snickering and throwing backwards glances my way....all those times at work when in the middle of training, with someone talking right at me I was nodding off....and now here! This has got to be a disorder of some sort.


Just isn't natural!! Is it? :/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey seriously!?! wow...well is there sth you can do about it?

Miss M said...

get thee hence to a doctor, milady