The first pressing issue is to figure out how to edit the layout of each post so that the content isn't stuck right under the title. Doesn't look right. I am trying some things now and if it doesn't work we shall move on to our next concern.
It didn't work. (Note: Line added after a publish > view > edit)
Next! What on earth do people do with so much free time on their hands? *pause to turn on AC* Karachi being the happenin' city that it is, decided to have a shut down yesterday, which meant no work, and today is "labor day", which means no work, and tomorrow is a "working saturday" which means no work and then it's just SUNDAY and I don't think I need to say anything about THAT. Plus, the oppressive heat just. doesn't. help. Earlier posts considered taking music lessons, but recent hints from Those-in-Power have dampened my enthusiasm. Speaking of dampers, I just remembered I need to cook for the maasi tomorrow :/ *sigh*
Anyway, I was reading up on another blog and someone is planning a BBQ ;) Unfortunately for them I am too lazy to sign up on their blog and leave them comments. All I had wanted to say was that it's very exciting, and I hope it goes well, and WHY does no one here go for that kinda stuff? It's so boring! I have all these ideas buzzing in my head and no one to try them out on (man I miss Durocher!)
OH OH and while we are on the topic of food, people, I am completely and utterly addicted to paratha rolls. OH.MY.GOD they are so good they must be laced with something! Crispy, greasy, vastly unhealthy parathas filled with spicy grilled chicken and topped with a nice sauce and onions...*drooool*
I must have some now. Isn't it convenient that we don't have anything for dinner and so need to eat out anyway? :D
(context: I am having a simultaneous conversation with mishi and we were talking about pets)
I miss my kittens. How they were all round and fuzzy and squeaky and liked to sleep curled up on me while their poor milk-machine mama huddled in a corner on the floor and peered miserably up at us (okay I feel really bad about that). How they had to huff and puff to pull themselves into the giant litter box, how they came looking to me for affection (I am so NOT exaggerating)...my little fuzzy babies!
I need to go distract myself with something now.
3 comments:
heyyyy girl,
check out this blog, i dotn think much of her books but her blogs are a great read :-p
enjoy!
http://shobhaade.blogspot.com/
hey you lazy woman, you should post on MY blog...i dont know why you have to sign up...hmm but do it for meeeee...your blog is so happening....mine is dead...i think ill get demotivated and stop writing,.. (i hope the emotional blackmail is working! muahaha...ok im serious!)
even traitors like tani don't comment... who is btw forgetting the friendship hierarchy that shahana was kind enough to remind me of the other day! ;)
to answer one of the questions posed: we don't have self-done bbqs in pakistan because:
a) its too hot to sweat it out
b) we have servants to do it for us :P
you know what's even more fun than a barbecue? today we made burgers for lunch and I had a lot of fun putting out every possible thing i could ever want on a burger ont he table and then building my burger. jalapenos, roasted red pepper, garlic sauce, bbq sauce, hot sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, salt, pepper, thyme, the list goes on. anyway I was thinking of how in the states people invite friends with kids over for a Sundae Bar, which is basicaly a table full of ice cream, toppings, and sauces and they build their own one. and wouldnt it be fun to have people over for a mini burger bar, where they can try different things on miniburgers and just have fun. and then of course mosey over to the sundae bar;) what do you think?
Post a Comment