Hurray for me, I am developing a past-time! Ladies and...well..ladies, I am pleased to announce that as of this week, I am learning the guitar :) Which one? Well, a bit of both acoustic and electric. My fingertips HURT from holding down the strings, and I am doing finger stretches so that I can reach everything :P My little teacher says that by next year I should be quite good haha :D
In other news, I absolutely refuse to talk about the cricket matches, except to say that whatever else, I think Afridi is bleepin annoying. Urrgh he gets on my nerves! That is all.
Moving along, the weather has again taken a turn for the worse, the power failed after I think half the towers collapsed, sinking the entire city into a panic for nearly two days. But it wasn't all bad...I saw a very pretty boy in the cafeteria, I got to spend most of the day in a well-cooled lab (thank GOODNESS for temperature sensitive materials) and I read another Georgette Heyer :) Hamdulillah a good week...except for today which was mind numbingly slow despite my being really busy. (I know I couldn't resist complaining about that last bit)
OKAY OKAY!
I also came across this and it looks so heart-wrenching that I must go find the book. Has anyone else heard of this movie? Do we know when it's coming out? It looks horrifying and yet...so sad. I watched a play the other day at work...a monologue of a woman - a housewife locked at home by her husband and the insanity she goes through. I thought to myself that perhaps every woman out there has a little bit of that specific bitterness inside...the one that comes from a subconscious realization of the inequality and injustice all around her. Strange feeling it is...a kind of emptiness.
*shakes it off*
I will make cupcakes this weekend. And read this book...
http://www.alltrailers.net/the-stoning-of-soraya-m.html
4 comments:
yup was trying to find the movie online a few weeks ago..but its not there yet :-)
More on the movie, I won't be able to watch it though, just reading about it and seeing the trailer made me cry.
Yeah I can't watch sad movies, I'm out too although I'm sure its worth watching. congrats on the guitar! :D proud of you!
Post a Comment