I had forgotten how much I hate standardized tests. Prepping for an upcoming GRE has reintroduced me to "Pick the best answer.." in all its mind-numbing glory. I think the biggest shock was seeing how badly I did on the quantitative section simply because I had forgotten all the stupid little tricks they use. Not to pat myself on the back, but I did pretty darn well on the verbal (*pat pat*). Then, in an attempt to out-smart the makers, I tried to look up their essay topics (and familiarize myself, thereby actually have something to write an essay about when the time comes) only to find they had FORTY PAGES worth. Bastuds.
However all is not lost! I had a very good lunch of chow mein and crispy beef and I did not fall asleep during our weekly meeting. I SHALL PREVAIL!
2 comments:
Give me your food
The Intersection of Islam, America and Identity
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/07/arts/design/07sont.html?ref=arts
fati seeeee, pakistani female artist! enjoy!!!
are you drawing still? :-)
Post a Comment