My friend Michelle spent the past months working on an AMAZING costume which today she gets to strut about in. I am queen of procrastination; I can't even count how many partially-finished projects I have lying about at home, or how many costume ideas I've wanted to create, but never have gotten around to doing (in my defense, the one involving me being covered entirely in green body paint would require a 2nd person to assist me, pfft!).
Seriously, how do you guys do it? Skeena and Tamreez, you always are managing to do so many things at once and get them done, I swear just hearing about what you do makes me tired.
New resolution: finish off one of those aforementioned projects this weekend (unless the laundromat opens by my house, then it will have to be postponed till next weekend :P )

3 comments:
Maria, its amazing that you get tired by my 'finished' projects hehe because I always thought I was the queen of procrastination!.....but this past year, it started causing me soo much stress that I couldn't take it any more. I guess if you're ambitious AND a procrastinator its a reallly deadly combination because then you're super super hard on yourself when you dont do things you say you'll do or which you want to do...I would stress so much about stuff (but still not do it) and then do it at the very last minute feeling like my head was going to explode.
I would envy people like my youngest sister who just didn't care....For example if she had to study for an exam, she would procrastinate but not stress...then in the end she would manage to study enough to get a decent grade (although I always thought she could get stellar grades if she tried, but it didnt really matter to her)....And then i thought, if she actually doesnt care, and she's doing well enough and her procrastination doesnt cause her a nervous breakdown, then its definitely a good position to be in! :)
This year I did a few personal development courses that helped me come to terms with my procrastination (among other issues! hehe) and my stress levels have realllly gone down! :) By the way, they have the courses in Canada too. Check out Landmark Education, http://www.landmarkeducation.com/
They're a bit pricey and I did them when I didn't have a job (and I insisted to pay for them myself)...so I really had to scrape together the money, but believe me...it was definitely a great present to myself!! :D
Tami, if you aren't taking over the world in a decade, I will be really surprised. I'm getting t-shirts made that say "TEAM TAMI!" on them :D
Since I strongly agree with Fatima and think you are too modest and underestimate yourself, I would like to take this opportunity to lobby for a post on your cabinet when you become ruler of the world. There are several global problems I want to combat.
Post a Comment