I am now towards the end of my third week of doing nothing-at-all. It's a little mind blowing that I have spent all this time at work just sitting around on a swivel chair, or following random coworkers around trying to look helpful. Best part is that I spent this time in a lab I won't even be working in, simply because it's prettier and bigger and everyone else is there.
The "lab" I have been assigned to used to be a storage closet in the middle of the floor, with only one AC vent, moldy walls, broken cabinets, and a computer with no internet. Yeah. I spent the first couple days dozing on the giant table in the middle, reading random books (I actually miss the library system now, what am I supposed to do with books I've read and/or don't like?), and secretly sipping on gatorade (food and drinks aren't allowed). 'Course I had to go and spill the drink the minute someone else walked in, and naturally that person turned out to be a tattle-tale with an overactive imagination. Blekhhhh...I was soo surprised to find out that my supervisor had been notified of "going-ons" in the lab within an hour.
Anyway I refuse to get put off by silly people like that, especially when my supervisor is on my side.
The people I work with are also really nice... 3 guys and 3 girls. So far I haven't really formed a lunch group since they all have their established cliques, but i actually don't mind...I just sit outside on the grass under a nice tree and watch the world go by. Sometimes the world looks MIGHTY fiiiiiine ;) Other times, ipod zindabaad! All in all I have to say that despite being totally farigh it's been a nice month. OH OH best part! They have a POOL, and it has WOMEN'S TIMINGS!! :D
Oh and gotta go....electricity is fluctuating, phone is ringing, mom is calling. To be continued
2 comments:
keep your chin up!
...hugs, nusrat
omg hey! haha that was fast :D
Post a Comment