Before I begin I think it's important to note, after whetting many appetites, that the cupcakes in the picture are NOT, as it were, mine. I googled a random cupcake picture, found one I liked, and posted it because I was too lazy to take a picture of the ones I had made. But in the interest of my own ego, I will describe them to you! :)
- The lemon cupcakes had a swirl top with pink sugar crystal sprinkles
- The chocolate ones were double dipped in melted ganache and topped with Hershey's Kissables
- The red velvet were tiny loaves with cream cheese stripes and mini M&M buttons
Also, I was just running back and forth between here and the tv...Anoop has been cut from American Idol! Mishi you will join me in lamenting the loss. He was so cute too. Sigh. Any bets on who's next? My money is on Matt.
ps - Adam (L)
Okay moving on to Ms Heyer. I just got another friend to read The Grand Sophy and I am happy to say that she loved it! Most of Heyer's books are hilarious, witty, and romantic (exceptions being Faro's Daughter, The Foundling, April Lady, the murder mysteries, and the historical anthologies). I love the langauge, the way she draws the reader into her world, and how the characters are so engagingly real. I mean really! who did Arabella think she was fooling? Frederica, you're awesome! What took Leonie and her Monsigneur so long? And how could Horry not know that the duke was head over heels for her, and why on earth didn't he just come out and say so? And OMG did Mary really think she could escape Vidal? Psssh!
I must've read these books atleast fifty times a piece and each time they make me laugh and sigh and thandi sans-ofy.
Which reminds me, you all HAVE to read My Family and Other Animals...it's truly one of the funniest books EVER! If you like it, let me know and I will tell you crazy stuff about the other characters ;)
Currently I am reading a book about stories...but more on that later!
5 comments:
Georgette DOES rock and I do adore all her books I've read except that I HATE April Lady with the fire of a thousand suns which is besides the point.
also, ADAM (L) Adam (L) Adaaaaam(l)
Why is he gay?
yeah I agree, Matt is next. dun dun duuuuunnn.
yeah I grieve for Anoop too. He was good but he was out of his league. Also I found his personality kind of grating small-town frat boy-ish after awhile. But i will miss him and his thesis on barbecue folklore.
I love Allisons growly voice and I like Danny's voice, but Danny looks like a douche and Allison commits six fashion crimes before breakfast. TEAM ADAM!:)
and yes i Love love Sophy and Frederica and Horry and Venetia and all the wonderful amazing characters Heyer has given life to. I should reread shouldnt i.
you lent me My Family and other Animals:) It totally rocked my world, I loooooooove it:)
thank you p00kie<3
and yes I realize the sushi post was you now. my bad.
also, how do i join your blog. the link was evil.
hahahahahahaha!!! i love how random and all over the place you are :P i sent you an email! let me resend to your gmail account. do you have one>? email me your email :D
Post a Comment